GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANASchool Education Department- Model Schools –Guidelines and procedure for admission of students into Model Schools in the State of Telangana – Change of admission pattern – Amendment – Orders – Issued
SCHOOL EDUCATION (PROG.II) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No. 10 Dated 09 .06.2015
Read the following:
- G.O.Ms.No.17, Education (SE-Prog.I) Department. Dated 11.02.2013.
- From the Director of School Education and Ex-Officio Project Director, RMSA/Model Schools, Telangana, Hyderabad, Lr. No. 550/B1/MS/TS/2013, dt: 23.02.2015, 23.03.2015 & 29.04.2015.
- G.O.Ms. No.8, S.E.(Prog.I) Dept., dated 01.06.2015.
In the G.O. 1st read above, Government issued Guidelines and procedure for admission of students into Model Schools in the State of Andhra Pradesh from the Academic Year 2013-14.
2. In the reference 2nd read above, the Director of School Education and Ex-Officio Project Director, RMSA/Model Schools, Telangana, Hyderabad has requested to declare Telangana State Model Schools as Specified Category under Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009 and to issue certain amendments to the guidelines and procedure issued in the reference 1st read above.
3. In the reference 3rd read above, Government have declared Telangana State Model Schools as Specified Category Schools under Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009.
4. After careful examination of the proposal of the Director of School Education and Ex-Officio Project Director, RMSA/Model Schools, Telangana, Hyderabad in the reference 2nd read above and keeping in view the orders issued in the reference 3rd read above, Government hereby issue the following amendments to the guidelines and procedure prescribed in the G.O. 1st read above :
|2||Itis also proposed that admissions for classes VI, VII, VIII shall be done as per the provisions of RTE Act XXXV of 2009 and procedure followed by APREIS will be adopted; admissions into Junior Intermediate shall be based on the marks scored in the SSC Examination in the order of merit.||The admissions for Classes VI to X shall be done by conducting written test and admissions into Junior College Intermediate 1st year shall be based on the marks got in the S.S.C. Examination.|
|5(e)||The lists of applicants class wise and reserved community wise will be sent to the selection committee for drawl of lots or selection by merit as per marks scored in SSC for the purpose of Intermediate Admissions through the Convener
Principal of Model Schools and the Principal of the Model School of the Mandal shall participate in the selections for admissions as member when the item of
admission work for that school is being taken up.
|All the eligible applicants will be allowed for a written test on the prescribed
date & time to select the candidates on merit and reservations prescribed.
The Convener Principal of the Model Schools and Principal of the Model School
of the Mandal shall participate and finalize the selections. Intermediate
admissions will be based on marks scored in the SSC. The Director of School
Education, Telangana, Hyderabad shall take steps to give notification
with Schedule of Syllabi, Examination Centers, Receiving Applications, Conduct
of Written Test, Valuation (OMR Sheets) and Preparation of Selection Lists etc.
till completion of the admissions.
|5(g)||The selection of the students will be made through a committee formed under the Chairmanship of
Addl.Joint Collector of the District either at a central place on one or more days or at different places depending on the number of schools located in the
District. The constitution of the committee shall be as below:,
I Additional Joint Collector (Education) – Chairman.,
II District Educational Officer – Member.,
III. Regional Inspecting Officer, BIE – Member.,
IV. Deputy Educational Officer RMSA – member.,
V. One Principal of APREIS/APSWERIS/APTWREIS nominated by the District Collector –
VI. Principal of one of the Model Schools in the District nominated by the District
Collector – Member Convener (to co-ordinate the work of admissions of all the
schools in the district).,
VII. Principal of the Model School – Member – (while finalizing the admissions of that school).
|The Convener Principal, after preparing the list of selected candidates, shall submit
the selection list to the District Selection
Committee under the Chairmanship of
the Addl. Joint Collector and with the following
members for final approval:-,
I.,Addl. Joint Collector
(Education) – Chairman.,
Officer – Member.,
Inspecting Officer, BIE – Member.,
Educational Officer, RMSA – Member.,
– Convener of the Model Schools – Convener of the District.,VI.,Principal
of the Model School concerned – Member.
Committee will draw the lots in presence of parents / public representatives to
ensure complete transparency in selection of students for admissions.
6. The Director of School Education and Ex-Officio Project Director, RMSA/Model Schools, Telangana, Hyderabad shall take necessary action in the matter, accordingly.
( BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF TELANGANA)
RANJEEV R ACHARYA
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT